Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. ectanz
    3. Posts
    E
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 448
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Club SAHM

      Blessedwife:
      ectanz:

      [quote=\"Blessedwife\"]Hee yes I love bags !!!!


      Have a vast collections of them šŸ™‚

      Hmm I just started to like the Korean drama I am watching the first wife strike back ? Er... Can't find the proper English title on the DVD.
      All along I am watching the HK TVB serial.

      This show also on channel 8 at 11pm too.

      Happened to see the 1st episode and thought it's a nice drama so went to buy the DVD šŸ™‚

      I hv watched from morning till now haha....

      Me too, are also into bags. I used to request my hb to buy bag from HK cos much cheaper than Spore.

      I am a BIG fan of korean programmes. From variety shows to drama. I love their foods..... :drool:

      Hi Ectanz,

      Nice to know you šŸ™‚

      Oh you loves bags too !! I know getting bags from Hk is cheaper but never have a chance to get it from there. Always bought my bags either from Singapore or from Europe which hubby used to travel to for business trips.

      Hmm as to what your relatives said you don't have to take it to heart they are just jealous of you?

      Now that you bring up this topic I am curious to know from many SAHM here. Do you really think that we need to treat our hubby exceptional \"nice\" in return for letting us be a SAHM ?

      For me, I never think of it this way. Of cos, when my hubby asked me to be SAHM I feel being loved and blessed and no doubt I love him even more (as compared to before marriage). This is a mutual feeling.

      By loving him more, I will want to cook more of his fave food and let him come back to a happy family after a tiring day.[/quote]Hi Blessedwife, nice to know you too! :rahrah:
      Prior to become SAHM, I was FTWM and always in rush to fetch both my dds. One was in IFC and the other K2. That time, my relationship with my Hb was quite bad. Lots of quarrels and arguments due to the stress of juggling both my job and kids. My Hb worked quite late almost everyday and ended up I have to rush from my workplace (west) to CCC (north) to fetch my 2 dds. I will have to leave my workplace on time and I have to bring my stuff back home to finish. In the end, hb asked me to make decision on whether to quit the job or hire maid as he can't help me with the kids and moreover he will be posted overseas temporarily and will only be back once a month. No choice but to become SAHM as my kids are my priority.

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Club SAHM

      sleepy:
      ectanz:

      Met with some of my relatives a week ago. Really very demoralized. The first word from them - must treat yr husband good and gentle


      You keep the money la :evil:

      My hubby always said he's like a bank teller, only get to count $ but doesn't get to keep :rotflmao:

      Nope. My hb gave me the amount we both agreed before I \"converted\" to SAHM. This will be my monthly allowance. Hb will take charge of all household expenditures and kid's tuition fees. This is also remark from my relatives that why I don't take control of his money. With the sole control of his financial, at least I'm feeling secure. Prior to our marriage, we both managed our income or money separately and hence I don't think I could change this when I became SAHM. Hb won't agree and I don't want to, very troublesome.....

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Club SAHM

      Blessedwife:
      Hee yes I love bags !!!!


      Have a vast collections of them šŸ™‚

      Hmm I just started to like the Korean drama I am watching the first wife strike back ? Er... Can't find the proper English title on the DVD.
      All along I am watching the HK TVB serial.

      This show also on channel 8 at 11pm too.

      Happened to see the 1st episode and thought it's a nice drama so went to buy the DVD šŸ™‚

      I hv watched from morning till now haha....
      Me too, are also into bags. I used to request my hb to buy bag from HK cos much cheaper than Spore.

      I am a BIG fan of korean programmes. From variety shows to drama. I love their foods..... :drool:

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Club SAHM

      Met with some of my relatives a week ago. Really very demoralized. The first word from them - must treat yr husband good and gentle cos if he forsake u for another woman, you will be gone case which mean no house, no kids and no money. (they knew that my husband travels frequently). Really :mad:

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Nan Chiau Primary

      Regarding the upcoming meeting teacher session, will the school or teacher identify which of those parents hv their chance during the last meeting teacher session. Reason of asking cos this time round still the same as previously that only 10 parents will allow to meet the specific teacher. My girl's MTL teacher is the form teacher of one of the P2 class and hence might be unable to meet her as she will be fully booked by her class students. As for my girl's Eng and Math subject are taught by her form teacher. Believe most parents of my girl's class will start to book the time slot when it approaches midnight and by then all time slots will be taken out in the early morning next day. So I think I will juz do the same to send email to her form teacher if I'm still unable to book a time slot to meet her. :sad:

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Nan Chiau Primary

      skmum:
      Hi parents,


      I am just wondering if your kids attend Chinese lessons conducted outside NCPS, like tien hsia, etc? Cos the sign up for next year's places for some centres are usually ard Oct so wanted to check out some centres first before deciding if need to put my DDs going P1 next year. If possible, might sign up to go for this year's last term (some start in Sep) for her to start earlier.

      Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
      Hi skmum, I hv enrolled my dd1 who is P1 this yr in Beijing Language. So far my dd1 enjoyed their lesson.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: MPM Maths - Discussion

      Hi my girl is currently with sakamoto since Apr this yr. She is now P1. However she still hv difficulty in problem solving. I am not sure whether I should switch her to MPM ( nearest buangkok MRT).


      Understand fr sakamoto thru this forum that sakamoto will not start their method teaching when the child is in lower Pri. Currently they combined Eng and Math in P1 lesson. Sometime her teacher will juz do Eng when she does not hv sufficient time to do Math. They are not fully doing math in 2 hrs duration.

      Can anyone pls advice? TIA!

      posted in Mathematics
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Nan Chiau Primary

      Vevey:
      Was it bcos of slower connection?

      DS only login after lunch, now on his last quiz. Those u tube science video were abit slow w our minimal wifi bandwidth though.
      newuser:

      Today is e-learning day. Stressful day for me.
      Children are progressing so slow. Half a day has gone and hasn't completed their LMS. Still has homework to do.
      I was having a wishful dream, thinking having everything done in the morning so that I can bring kids for shopping. Sigh.

      Ya, really took whole afternoon to complete all assessments. English and Chinese were quite fast for my girl but math took her awhile to complete. Very stressful for me as I need to take care of my little baby...while prevent her from disturbing her sister from doing the assessments and at the same time coaching my girl on using her daddy's computer. Hopefully, this kind of e- learning will not be done frequently otherwise I will :frustrated: :slapshead:

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Beijing Language School - Discussion

      dohdoh:
      Hi Micollh, kids of these days speak more English unless we have parents staying with us. My elder dd had her Chinese enrichment in Tien Hsia when she was in K2 n it was quite good too but cos there was no suitable time slot for my son n being convenient I tried Beijing language school. I feel that foundation for Chinese is really very important especially these days we, as parents, don't even speak proper Mandarin. Lol. My 2 younger kids didn't even speak mandarin at home n am glad with Veijing Language they r more willing to speak.

      Ya, agreed. Previously my dd1 was being taken care by my in-laws n they will normally communicate with her in Cantonese or simple English n therefore my dd1 cant express her words in Mandarin. Our communication at hm are mainly English. After her CC Chinese teacher highlighted to us abt her weak in Chinese, we tried to talk to her in simple Mandarin. Slowly she improved but still not so gd.

      I heard n read forum that TH is also relatively gd as compared to Berries. Heard that they hv show n tell in K2 which I find it's very important as this will be tested in P1. Beijing Language is gd in term of writing n maybe reading but they did not hv show n tell in their curriculum. Wanted to enrol my dd1 in TH but also not convenient.

      posted in Chinese
      E
      ectanz
    • RE: Club 2010 Kids

      Ymom:
      ectanz:

      Hi Ymon, not yet but trying..my greatest dread is to toilet training. Previously my dd1 I believe MIL did train her when she was less than 1 yo, she can go witnout wearing diaper when she was 18mo n totally off diaper (even night time) when she was 2yo. However I heard fr my friend that can try to let them wear training pant. It is waterproof ( not too sure whether inside or outside) but it's avoid messiness. Maybe will buy n try out...


      Hi Ectanz,
      Your DD1 so smart, can go w/o diaper so soon, my fren's DD is already 3+yo but still very dependent on diaper. Pls share after you try...Thanks in advance!

      Ya, agreed my dd1 indeed very \"advance\" in term of toilet training n hence really save alot on diaper. As for my dd2, I think will not be as advance as her sister. Do already then juz pull her diaper n will nod her head if I ask her whether she passed Mxxxxx in her diaper. My friend will pass her son's training pants to me. According to her this training pant is unisex. Will try n share with u....

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      E
      ectanz
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 8
    • 44
    • 45
    • 6 / 45
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy