Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. nite
    3. Posts
    N
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 67
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Marymount Convent

      Hi,


      I’m planning to register my DD in Marymount. Can anyone share/post the quality passes (A*/A) for MCS for last year (2012 psle results)?

      Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      N
      nite
    • RE: [Toa Payoh] Primary Schools

      Hi,


      I’m searching for Quality Passes (by school) for 2012 & 2011? Has anyone consolidated this data?

      I can’t find the 2011 & 2012 Quality Passes for Marymount Convent? Please share/post if available. The school website has locked the psle data with a password.

      Thanks

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      LostinWoods,


      You can view my post at http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24479&p=815719#p815719

      Firstly, in this world, no policy can make everyone happy. There will always be a group who will be disappointed. It is to be expected. But, the policy needs to favour the majority. As a Singaporean, I expect likewise. I don't want to blow my horn any further as a Singaporean, hurting my PR friends alike. But, any society should work that way to prevent discontent among the majority.

      Secondly, parents will be parents. Most of the discussion in this forum surrounds around getting their kids into the schools of their choice whether it's a top psle producing school, within walking distance, having a good curriculum etc. as prioritized by the parents. It's never about getting into a school. That has been ably taken care by the government and their statisticians. Kudos to that! We don't have to worry about that.

      Lastly, this is my opinion. If you feel otherwise, that's yours...

      😄

      LostInWoods:
      You are right that I am lost in knowing both schools. The problem is parents are just being choosy and complaining when they can't get the school they want. The current system is not 100% flawless but changing it doesn't mean it will b better as one grp is happy, the other grp will b unhappy.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      Patlsy79,


      I second that...

      qms,

      Yes, you are right. Registration statistics should not mean everything. But, it does mean something else both the government and parents won't be looking at it. Right? If we are not interested in them, we should be deleting them from this forum. No pun intended.

      And again, parents will be parents. You can't deny that. As parents, we want all our children to be enrolled in schools with a good environment. What patlsy79 is saying is not new to me. Why? Because,

      1) I studied in one of 2 schools mentioned below during my school days. The environment has not changed much.

      2) I know of parents of current students in the 2 schools who don't want to enroll their younger siblings into the schools. Stats aside, that must mean something, doesn't it? Like patlsy79, I have heard of unsavoury comments from parents of existing students, which I do not wish to share further in this forum so as not to send a wrong message about the schools to parents wishing to enroll their kids in these schools.

      Regards.

      patlsy79:
      qms:

      Do you know anything about these two schools to make such an implication? Perhaps you would like to share with fellow forummers here.

      Registration statistics don't mean everything.

      Hi, indeed i heard some reviews from many parents who enrolled their kids in these 2 sch, those parents are from my kids' tuition class. I dont want to share here as it's not fair to the parents who gonna choose these sch, also not fair to the schs. It's up to the parents themself either the sch is suitable for their kids. My friend is staying just next blk to New Town, walking distance 2mins probably, she adviced me not to choose this and she rather chooses the sch which is further. Why? there must be a reason behind before i made up my minds which sch to choose. As sporean, it's so common being kiasu, if not kiasu, why there's this Kiasu forum been set up? And why those not kiasu parents also commenting here since you claimed yourself not being kiasu ler? So, everybody in this forum, is kiasu. Am I right? ask yourself pls. 😛

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      Hi Patlsy79,


      I share the same concerns with you. If you are from this area, you should know....

      As for LostinWoods,

      I don't want to sound rude. Needless to say, you are really \"lost\". You should try figuring out why the places at New Town and Queenstown Primary (next closest school) are not taken up at P2C by now...

      LostInWoods:
      How abt new town pri? Within 1km or < 2km? Plenty of vacancies at 2C

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

      I hope MOE will do something about this. Getting worse. :stupid:

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      Thanks. I know. But, I'm not looking for the next closest school.


      I'm looking for a school with good programs and support framework.

      Suggestions from parents who had good experience from schools in that area would be appreciated.

      Thanks.

      forevernikon:
      Hi nite, New Town Primary School should be the next nearest primary school to your place.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      Hi,


      My dd (2007 born) will be entering P1 in 2014. Looking at the 2007-born birth & new citizen stats and P1 registration this year, it is likely there will be more SC children vying for places in popular schools in 2014 & 2015. Even with the current policy favouring SC children in P2B and P2C, it seems just as hard with most of the places taken up at P1 to P2A2. Case in point, HPPS with only 40 paces for both P2B and P2C. Most of the popular schools are balloting for SC children living within 1km. Look at Rulang, 60 children vying for 10 vacancies. I find it disturbing that these parents have just wasted their chances at P2C with the expected low success rate.

      I’m living in the Holland-Queenstown area. The only school within 1km is HPPS. What luck? At this rate, my dd’s chances of entering HPPS looks slim. Even if RGPS will be within 1km when my dd starts P1 in 2014, balloting will be based on its current address at Hillcrest. I’ll be outside of 2km based on the Hillcrest address. I’m not saying good & popular schools. I don’t have any school within 1km except HPPS when it comes to balloting. Somehow, I find the P1 registration system is flawed with most of the places taken up grabs at the earlier phases because the SC policy kicks in only at P2B and P2C. Meaning if I’m staying at Tampines, at P2A1/2, my dd can get into HPPS if I’m an old student. Huh?

      MOE should institute the distance and SC criteria for P1 through P2A2 as well.

      As for me, at this rate my child’s chances of entering HPPS look slim. Can parents here advise/recommend me on the good schools in the Clementi, Queenstown and Bukit Timah area where my dd stands a good chance of entering even if are residing outside of 2km?

      Thanks

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      Will the health booklet be enough or do we print it off the national registry? I can't seem to locate the e-services website on the web.



      blurrish:
      For those who have difficulty accessing the website to print immunisation cert, why don't you try google National Immunisation Registry Singapore? You should be able to access the site via this way.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: 2012 P1 Registration Exercise for 2013 In-Take

      But, you can drop out of a school chosen in P2A and register for a different school at P2C, right? Doesn't this apply within P2B or P2C to avoid balloting in case the school turns out to be popular?


      What happens if everyone waits until the last day of registration and there is a rush for the limited places on the last day? Then, the vacancy numbers on the MOE website may not be reflective of the situation.

      Regards,

      Kelsy:
      nite:

      Hi,

      Will the registration info will be available in real-time at the end of each day during P2B and P2C? Can we change our decision (ie. drop and take up another school) during this period depending on the real-time statistics? Will we know how many PR and SC apply for P2B and P2C each day during the phase prior to balloting?

      How about the distance information for the applicants?

      This can be helpful for distressed parents

      Thanks,

      Based on what I remembered last year, the no. of students registered is available daily. To play safe, if you are in 2C , you can monitor the situation and only register on the last day. If your choice Sch is oversubscribed, it may be a good idea to drop it and go for the second choice with a guaranteed entry.

      The system is linked in moe. Once you have registered in a particular Sch, you can't register another Sch.

      This is the 1st year where SC has priority over PR. not sure if moe would reflect that information on their web page.

      Good luck. :rahrah:

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 4 / 7
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy