Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. nite
    3. Posts
    N
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 67
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Active Community Leaders

      Wow! That’s long.


      Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: All About Active Community Leaders

      Hi,


      Does it mean in order to get the PA Eligibility Letter, you need to be an EM? U need to be in service for 1 yr in observer mode and assoc member and 1 yr in EM post prior to registration date? Must I need 2 years at least prior to registration??

      Thanks

      timtim:
      You should serve in the GRC/SMC where the school resides. But as you stays in TP GRC, you won't qualify for P2B even if you serve in RC within RM SMC (you will only be an associate member, not EM). Further more, you stays 1-2km from the school, chances low if it's very popular.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: Q&A - P1 Math

      :?: Think it's gone. Anyone else?


      Thanks

      Champion:
      nite:

      Hi,

      Can someone guide me to where I can get used P1 textbooks for dd?

      Thanks.

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36122

      Hi,
      Refer to the above link, there is this mummy giving away her preloved P1 textbooks - maybe you would like to contact her? 😄

      posted in Primary 1
      N
      nite
    • RE: Q&A - P1 Math

      Hi,


      Can someone guide me to where I can get used P1 textbooks for dd?

      Thanks.

      posted in Primary 1
      N
      nite
    • RE: All About Active Community Leaders

      That sucks!


      To check if I'm within the 1km radius, do I need to stay at my home address for at least 1 year prior to registration? Or can I move house nearer to my target school closer to the P1 registration date? Maybe 3 to 6 months before?

      Do the addresses on both myself and my spouse match? Right now, they are not matched as I changed mine first.

      Thanks.


      timtim:
      nite:

      Hi,

      I'm a newbie here. My gg will be registering for P1 in 2013. I want to boost my chances by becoming an active community leader. I have some questions though.

      Am I late to join the CSC or CCC or RC etc.? Which committee gives me the best chance before registration in 2013?

      By joining the CSC, CCC or RC, does it mean I'll be limited to using the letter to register for schools in the same GRC/SMC I live in? Meaning, does it go by Planning Area as in MOE website or GRC/SMC as per Election Boundary?

      Can I join a GRC/SMC if my target school is not in the same GRC/SMC I live in?

      Lastly, how many choices for primary schools do I have in P2B and P2C? Must they be the same? Can they be different between P2B and P2C?

      With the priority given to SCs from this year onwards, will be interesting to see how the balloting pans out.

      Thanks.

      Sorry to say, you are too late to go via active GRL route.

      From this year, Sporeans will enjoy priority over PRs in P2B and 2C, so chances are higher, esp. if you stays within 1km.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: [Bukit Timah] Primary Schools

      Hi,


      I’m an SC. My gg will be enrolling in P1 next yr. Our mother tongue is Tamil. I was wondering if I should try for Nanyang Pri even though it does not cater to Tamil as a 2nd language. What are my chances of getting in, not taking into account the balloting requirements? Even if she takes Chinese as a 2nd language, will the school cater for her to take Tamil as a 2nd or 3rd language?

      Any experience from parents in the same dilemma?

      Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • RE: All About Active Community Leaders

      Hi,


      I’m a newbie here. My gg will be registering for P1 in 2013. I want to boost my chances by becoming an active community leader. I have some questions though.

      Am I late to join the CSC or CCC or RC etc.? Which committee gives me the best chance before registration in 2013?

      By joining the CSC, CCC or RC, does it mean I’ll be limited to using the letter to register for schools in the same GRC/SMC I live in? Meaning, does it go by Planning Area as in MOE website or GRC/SMC as per Election Boundary?

      Can I join a GRC/SMC if my target school is not in the same GRC/SMC I live in?

      Lastly, how many choices for primary schools do I have in P2B and P2C? Must they be the same? Can they be different between P2B and P2C?

      With the priority given to SCs from this year onwards, will be interesting to see how the balloting pans out.

      Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      N
      nite
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 7
    • 7 / 7
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy